Tuesday 2 December 2014

A STORY IN A TWEET COMPETITION

Here you have the tweets I showed you in class. 
As soon as you have written yours give it to me. This time I'd prefer if it is typewritten. 
Good night!


“You’ll love Penny,” I told my then- new boyfriend. We were introducing each other to family and pals. So sad, he did.
By @gwjomi
Multiplication: He texted me during math class. I caught his eye. We met for coffee. Classes over, we went to my place; proved one plus one makes three.
By Joanna M Weston
Tom sent his wife’s Valentine to his mistress and vice versa. Poor Tom got double dumped.
By Jilly Cooper (adapted).
“It’s a miracle he survived,” said the doctor. “It was God’s will,” said Mrs Schicklgruber. “What will you call him?” “Adolf,” she replied.
By Jeffrey Archer.
“Your money or your life” “I’m sorry, my dear, but you know it would kill me to lose my money,” said the partially deaf miser to his wife.
By David Lodge.
She smiled, he smiled back, it was lust at first sight, but the she discovered he was married, too bad it couldn’t go anywhere.
By Jackie Collins.
She meets him in the gym. He works in lms, she's a teacher. She kisses him and he thinks she loves him. But in the end she leaves him.
From New English File Elementary.
They collided. Something had passed between them. His heart had been touched. He watched her vanish in the crowd. She'd stolen his wallet.
Adapted from EF- Upper-Intermediate.
They'd been arguing. She stabbed him. Horrified, she drove away from the house. Suddenly, she realized that the brakes weren’t working.
Adapted from EF-Upper-Intermediate.
In the North Pole, the vampire slammed his coffin lid. “Just my luck”, he said. Nobody at the Travel Agent's had mentioned the midnight sun.

Adapted from EF- Upper-Intermediate.

No comments:

Post a Comment